Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to install my dashcam into my 57 Cmax, just wondered if there's any particularly good way to go about this?

In my old MK1 focus I had the power cable in the roof lining, down the door pillar and then into the glovebox from the side/rear where I plugged it into a splitter.

Got 4 metres of cable so fair bit to play with, is any of the trim particularly awkward or hard to work with? I want it nice and neat and invisble! :LOL:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got the same scenario going on right now ( daughters dash cam, 11 plate Fiesta)
I want a route into the passenger seat fuse board. The Halfords man told me to piggyback onto the cigarette lighter fuse (20 amp) Don't believe everything Halfords tell you - the cigarette lighter is permanently live, does not shut down with the ignition.
Bringing the wire across the headlining is no problem - I guess your situation is similar. I am thinking that I could bring it down behind the A pillar trim, and into the bulkhead, but I have not yet worked out the best way to prize it off . Plastic is brittle and this piece branches off into two at the base. Can't find much on Utube to assist me, but as and when I crack it, I will see about uploading photos. If you get there before me, maybe you will have a photo or two.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You want a permanent live and a camera that has variable sleep /shut down times parking mode , otherwise you won't have cover in the highest wrisk area .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just finished routing the dashcam wire across the headlining and down behind the A post trim. The trim on my Fiesta ( I'm sure it's similar for C-Max ) came off without too much of fight
A pull out the rubber seal from around the area
B starting at the top , get a long flathead in behind and GENTLY prise at the fixing tag. There are two further locating tabs at the bottom , pointing downwards, just pull the trim up and it should come clear.
I AM ASSUMING THAT YOU HAVE NO AIR BAG BUILT INTO THE A PILLAR YOU NEED TO CHECK THIS - AND TAKE THE PRECAUTIONS IF YOU DO
You mentioned tapping into a permanent live - we don't want to do this, we are only interested in the camera with the car in motion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts