Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying to wire my dashcam into my 2011 Cmax grand. On my previous focus I have just used a piggyback style fuse onto a fuse that went live only when the ignition was on. To make things easier on the cmax there are even -ve fuses so you can use a piggyback for ground...however...

I was surprised to find every single +ve fuse is live even when ignition off (including fuel pump etc) Presumably every fuse is live and there are relays for each item after the fusebox.

Any suggestions of where I can get an ignition switched live from in the fusebox area that I can use snaplock wires to hack into? Im not too keen on taking things apart; A snaplock or a piggyback I can deal with.

Best Wishes

Bob

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
I have mine wired up to a fuse in the box only comes on with ignition, I'll come back tomorrow with the fuse number I have used.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's an easy job in the Focus. I plug mine into the rear power socket. All power switches off after a few minutes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advise. I'm not confident enough to go take out radio so I might just tap off the lighter socket & put a switch on it. I tried every fuse in the passenger compartment and every one was +ve (apart from the -ve fuses; which were all connected to ground) I will try the rear socket as well.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my Skoda, I used the washer jets and took a piggy back feed off that. Is that not ignition fed on the C Max?

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi big scuff al
i think we have the same fuse box layout, so is the fuse 85 for radio live all the time even if the car is double locked?
because im wiring a cheap dash cam with park monitoring so its needing the power all the time, mine is connected to fuse 81 for interior motion sensor but after 10 minutes of double locking the car the power cut off

uploaded some pics on my album

1 - 9 of 9 Posts