Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unless the fan is on '0' when I get in the car (which it never is unless the Mrs uses it!), every time I turn on the ignition the aircon is on.
Why?
I've never had this happen on any other car before.
My life won't be an empty void if I don't find out why but I was wondering.
It's just daft.
I assumed, as the driver, I decided when to put it on or does Ford know something I don't?

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
Hi there.

Is the fan direction dial facing so that the air comes out from the top
On to the window screen. If so this is normal, turn the dial so that the air is
Coming out at the bottom or side vents.
You may have already tried it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya
Thanks for that.
Now I know!!
As it happens, it IS pointing at the screen especially considering the recent weather. As I only bought it a week or so ago, I've only had the car while the weather was crappy.
Gotta say, having it so the aircon is on without me wanting it on regardless of the blower position is still a bit daft IMO!
Thanks again

·
Registered
451 Posts
The air conditioning wont work at certain temperatures i.e. 0c or under. I agree with Funkletrumpet, "WE" should decide when we want the air conditioning on or not. It's a pain when I don't want it on.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Best thing to do is to leave it set on the "Screen/Feet" setting (about 2 o clock on the dial) with the fan on 1, that way you'll get demist without the aircon. I leave mine like that, and, coupled with one shot of the heated screen I never have a misting problem.
As an aside, one thing which will make your screen more succeptible to misting is if it is in any way greasy or dirty. Clean the screen with simple water and wash-up liquid, let it dry and polish it up with a microfibre cloth. It makes a tremendous difference to misting.
I recently bought a gizmo which consists of a microfibre cloth on a square pad with an 18" handle on it. It came with a little spray bottle which they said just to fill with water and spray the screen. I was dubious as to its efficacy, but it's BRILLIANT, and I can now clean the entire screen perfectly without even getting out of the drivers seat! I got mine in a local accessory shop, but I'll bet they're in Halfords too.
Also available here
Windscreen Wonder | Easylife Group Lifestyle Solutions

·
Registered
197 Posts
Best thing to do is to leave it set on the "Screen/Feet" setting (about 2 o clock on the dial) with the fan on 1, that way you'll get demist without the aircon. I leave mine like that, and, coupled with one shot of the heated screen I never have a misting problem.
As an aside, one thing which will make your screen more succeptible to misting is if it is in any way greasy or dirty. Clean the screen with simple water and wash-up liquid, let it dry and polish it up with a microfibre cloth. It makes a tremendous difference to misting.
I recently bought a gizmo which consists of a microfibre cloth on a square pad with an 18" handle on it. It came with a little spray bottle which they said just to fill with water and spray the screen. I was dubious as to its efficacy, but it's BRILLIANT, and I can now clean the entire screen perfectly without even getting out of the drivers seat! I got mine in a local accessory shop, but I'll bet they're in Halfords too.
Also available here
Windscreen Wonder | Easylife Group Lifestyle Solutions

Thanks for this BB

I just ordered one from ebay £6.99 posted

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As an aside, one thing which will make your screen more succeptible to misting is if it is in any way greasy or dirty. Clean the screen with simple water and wash-up liquid, let it dry and polish it up with a microfibre cloth. It makes a tremendous difference to mist.
I recently bought a gizmo which consists of a microfibre cloth on a square pad with an 18" handle on it. It came with a little spray bottle which they said just to fill with water and spray the screen. I was dubious as to its efficacy, but it's BRILLIANT, and I can now clean the entire screen perfectly without even getting out of the drivers seat! I got mine in a local accessory shop ...
My old man has one of those in is car.
I have to say they might be quite useful ... trying to stick on my satnav made me realise how far away the bloody screen is!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unless the fan is on '0' when I get in the car (which it never is unless the Mrs uses it!), every time I turn on the ignition the aircon is on.
Why?
I've never had this happen on any other car before.
My life won't be an empty void if I don't find out why but I was wondering.
It's just daft.
I assumed, as the driver, I decided when to put it on or does Ford know something I don't?
It works how odd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts