Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be happening all the time but the noise goes away when I push the clutch.

I took it to the dealers who said it needs a new clutch and flywheel which is going to cost silly money...

The car is a C Max Grand which has done around 60k so I am somewhat surprised the clutch and flywheel has gone already.

Could it be anything else? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. Am about to have the flywheel, clutch etc changed on mine (bought very cheaply due to DMF dying). Mechanic reckons they can die from 60k onwards. Have read about some dying at 50k. Take to another garage for a second opinion (and pricing). Problem is the DMF hides any and all bad driving habits and stress (pulling away in wrong gear etc). Also,theres a lot of work involved which is why costs are so big. If you have anything else you think needs doing, now is the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds very much like it could be dual mass flywheel - presuming it’s a diesel model?
Can very much vary how long they last depending on the way It’s been driven. Sometimes you can replace with an aftermarket solid flywheel if there’s one available, which will be cheaper and obviously eliminate having the same issue again - may sacrifice some clutch smoothness as a result.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts