Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had my max 2 weeks now and ive had to fill it up twice.

each time it has took forever!!!! the pump would cut out all the time as though its full but then when i drive off the fuel gauge says just under full????

any one else have problems filling up there 2.0tdci c max??

is it a common fault.

cheers

steve

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
try different pumps or try turning the nozzle round in the filler neck
The problem is with the pressure sensor in the pump itsellf sensing the back pressure in the tank from the flow of fuel

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can actually see thogh when your filling up the level of te fuel in the car is as though you have overfilled it but then it goes down really really slowly??

its as though its not getting down to the tank quick enough??

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I think the only differences at the filler neck are between petrol and diesel so all diesels should be the same

Just another thought. You are'nt using a diesel pump intended for trucks are you. These do have a higher delivery rate and would cause the sort of problems you mention

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys richard g!!!!

it was a normal pump at tescos and another a my local esso garage.

it as thogh you are filling the tanks up through a gauze which is blocked??

is there anyway of checking the filler neck to see if its blocked??
or is there a breather that might be blocked

i know on some oler cars there was a button to press by the filler so you could really brim the tank??

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi there on filling my 04 2.0 tdci focus c max to the brim i find it uses the fuel up very quickly. becasue of the extra weight in the car. so i dont think for eco reasons its best to fill it to the brim i find filling it up three quarters is best which is around 30 to 35 pounds which also seems to give you the best miles per gallon.

ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts