Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 04 C-Max Ghia has developed a whistling brake pedal. The noise seems to come from insied the car near to, or just behind, the engine bay bulkhead and it can be heard outside.

Had the car serviced recently and was told the braking system was OK. The noise started soon after I managed to go over a hump in the road at too greater speed (didn't see it till the last moment!)

Any ideas anyone? Brake servo?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
As you should have ABS can you still brake hard enough for the ABS to operate or if not to come to a very abrupt halt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
The whistling sound you talk about is probably a faulty brake servo.I had mine fail on my 54 plate 1.6 tdci ghia.Cost £450 to replace.Not good for a low mileage four year old car.Have heard of a few cmaxs with this problem.

Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply - the servo was my worst nightmare scenario. Fortunately it turned out to be due to an extremely worn set of pads which cost me £230 and a disc to correct! My local Ford dealer had previously adivsed me that I had 40% of the pads left so as you can imagine we're having a detailed conversation. An over eager newbie techie on the job I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts