Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I drive a 2004 C-Max, which is an all round great car.

A couple of months ago, the airbag light came on. I have a friend who hooked it up to the machine at his garage, and it identified the acceleration / airbag sensor as needing to be replaced. Typically, I've left it right to the last minute as it is due its MOT, and will obviously fail without this being replaced.

I've picked one up from the local Ford dealership today, and thought a quick google would identify exactly where this part is located so I could change it myself but I can't find a thing!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
There are in fact 4 acceleration sensors for the air bags seat belt pre tensioner
A front one behind the radiator
Two side ones at the bottom of the B Post and
and internal unit to the control unit itself which is just behind the gear lever

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All,

Just so you know I replaced the sensor behind the front radiator and everything is as it should be!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to reignite such an old post, but today I've been looking for my airbag sensor and found a unit on top of the front bumper, underneath the plastic above the grille.

Is this the front one you speak of, or should I be looking somewhere else, I can't find anything else so assume this is correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts