Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having trouble starting my 2004 2.0 tdci in the mornings. I had the battery checked and is fine. Reseach has led me to try the glow plug relay which i've bought from the dealer. The relay is a large black box type. I was told that the relay would be found in the engine compartment fuse box, but when i looked......none of the relays looked similar to mine. the fuse box tells me glow plug is F6, but that looks like a flat fuse not what i have bought......I'm confused and a little dim....anybody able to point me in the right direction to where i can find the glow plug relayon the car?

Thanks in adavance

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
According to the wiring diagrams I have the unit is called Glow Plug Control Module (given the nomenclature of A407. It appears to be in free air space somewhere below the near side headlight I supose so that it can adjust "on time" depending on air temperature

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Its located a little further towards the rear than the Headlight, more beneath the Airbox/ in front of the GearboxI think but level with the Chassis rail.
Cant remember if its visible from N/S Wheel arch when Steering is on full lock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys, Im afraid still can' t see it! I removed the air box and headlight and I still couldn't see it.... What a numpty! I'll have a go again this week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanx guys, Im afraid still can' t see it! I removed the air box and headlight and I still couldn't see it.... What a numpty! I'll have a go again this week.
Hi Just to let you know,the relay is under the airbox as sorts ,you will need to raise the front of the car,remove the forward tray (between bumper and cross member) you will find it clipped to the inner chassis rail,there is a blue slid clip and whalla out it comes,If you are loseing power check the 60 amp fuse under black cover inside fusebox,your power should comeback and you can then run without relay,although starting may take longer,the relay should start with the numbers something like 51 252 003 hop4e it helps Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I've tried following all advice and all threads here. Still unable to find Glow Plug Relay on 2006 1.6 TDCI. Attached are two pictures, one with headlight out and one from below with trays removed. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the pdf Richard. Do you think that the module / relay could be housed inside the bottom of air box? There is half inch cable wrap going into the gearbox side of the moulding (right in middle of underside photo)
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts