Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This weekend I put down the deposit for a brand new C-Max.

However (for reasons too long to go into) my choices are between a 1.6 diesel Titanium and 1.8 petrol Zetec.

I drive about 12-15k a year. During the week it's usually short, slow journeys to and from work. Otherwise I do a bit of motorway and major A road driving.

I like my gadgets which is why the Titanium appeals. However, the petrol was my original engine of choice and I'm a bit unsure about the 1.6 diesel. Either way I'm going to have to compromise on something - engine or trim.

Assuming you had the money for either, what would you go for and why?

David.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
We have a 54 1.6TDCI LXand after a 1.8 petrol Focus previously I don't thinkwe'd go back to petrol 45 - 50 MPG from the dieesl (just about whatever we do) against around 33 - 35 from the petrol You may give yourself a surpeise (and a few others) from a standing start. It will certainly bot disgrace itself in motorway traffic (It'll get to ton plus without you really noticing if you are not careful)

With petrol & diesel around the same price the diesel benefits and (at least with ours) the VED due to go DOWN to £90 from £120 next April (129grammes CO2)

Do try to have the heated front screen and do try NOT to have the EPB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the decision has been made for me - it will be the 1.8 petrol Zetec.

After getting a final figure for my deposit I could work out the finance - it was just £2k difference between the two cars but it makes a ridiculous gulf in the monthly payments!

Assuming it doesn't get sold by the time I get to the dealer, I'll probably be the proud owner of a Sea Grey C-Max (with additional parking sensors) within the next week!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is. But working out the difference in MPG and road tax, it comes to more than that in savings over 4 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts