Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all new user so sorry if I am putting in the wrong section. I am trying to replace spark plugs but getting different info from different places in halfords the chart said Ngk only halfords online checker say champion eon 3 so ordered eon 3 through eBay but got a msg saying his champion catalogue says I should use eon 4 can anyone tell me if I neede eon 3 or eon 4

Thanks for any help you can give me

Rich

Focus c max 1.8 petrol 2005 ghia

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Hi all new user so sorry if I am putting in the wrong section. I am trying to replace spark plugs but getting different info from different places in halfords the chart said Ngk only halfords online checker say champion eon 3 so ordered eon 3 through eBay but got a msg saying his champion catalogue says I should use eon 4 can anyone tell me if I neede eon 3 or eon 4

Rich

The online check page for Bosch Plugs

Bosch Automotive Aftermarket - Products

and the appropriateprinted page from NGK catalogue
View attachment ngkntk.co.uk_wp-content_uploads_2011_03_sparkplug-cat-2013-new.pdf

can't find any Champion application data by models

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
DON'T GET THE CHAMPIONS PLUGS FROM HALFORDS!!!!!!
I changed my plugs last year and got the champion eon 3 from HALFORDS after ther database said they were the correct one for the car ( gave them number plate ). Had more problems with mis fires and not starting. Ended up with the car at dealer. Had to pay a fortune to fine out the I needed a new throttle body and the plugs should not have been put in the car. The gaps are wrong as is the heat rating! They put NGK plugs in and it runs fine. The NGK are iridium plugs. They may cost more but don't bother with champions or Halfords

·
Registered
1 Posts

Rich

Read more here: Top 16 Spark Plugs for Every Jeep - Buyer’s Guide 2020
Hi, new to the forum, and pleased I've found it.

I'm about to do my first service on a 2007 FORD Focus C-Max 1.8i 16V, 18,000 miles on clock and am trying to find out what I need to do for the service. But none of the service intervals specify how often the spark plugs should be changed.

So, my question is - when should I change the plugs

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts