Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All

Does any of you know what body parts are interchangeable between Ford Focus mk2 and Ford Focus C-max?
I know there is quite few bits inside the car that could be swapped around (door cards, seats etc).

I am very interested in some of the bumpers that fit Focus Mk2 (especially after market ones or ST version ones)

Also, does anyone know whether parts of exhaust system from Focus Mk2 will fit C-max?
I am mostly interested in exhaust manifold...

Any help will be appreciated!

Best Regards.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The nice rear lights fit a mk 1. The front bumper, wings, bonnet and lights are different so can't swap. The rear bumper is swappable in shape, not sure on mounting points. Seats are swappable, as are stereos. The engines are common so is exhaust mounts so mk 2 versions will fit mk 1 cars. Manifolds should fit if EEC version is the same.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all, may thanks for replying Andymac!

If what you say is true then i am defo getting one of those in near future!:)

Milltek Sport Focus Mk.2 2000cc 4-2-1 Manifold | eBay

I am absolutely fascinated by Duratec HE engines and how clever and advanced they are (even nowadays).
The fact you could get 200 bhp out of them without the need for internal mods is just astounding!:)

I am slightly confused by the fact you mention Focus mk2 rear lights as possible replacements form C-max Mk1...Has anybody done similar swap?

I was afraid most of the external panels would not fit and quite frankly will not be risking buying RS rear bumper off Focus just to find it needs a lot of mods to get it fixed onto the C-max...

That is something for later as i have already found some nice side skirts and front lip to go on my car:)

Any more advice on the topic is more than welcomed!

Best Regards.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think Andymac has miss read your query and has answered what parts of a mk2 cmax are interchangeable with a mk1 cmax.

the question i believe that you have asked is what parts from a focus are interchangeable with a mk1/mk2 cmax

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Duff

Thanks for clarifying!
I am aware of the fact C-max Mk2 lights fit C-max Mk1...
Shame though we cannot get those sweet lexus style Focus MK2 lights fitted to C-max:(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Big Budgie

Yes, of course it is a 'feeble' power plant...

By they way, could you go to that page, please :

Ford Duratec HE Tuning Guide - Tuning Guides

and clarify that to those guys- obviously they must know nothing about tuning or engines being silly enough to choose such a 'feeble' unit while they could go for those magnificent diesel engines ;P

Do not get me wrong - I know diesel is the future of the motoring and unfortunately also motosport and when i read about truly interesting new diesels like BMW 2.5 tdi or Audi 2.7 tdi units i get excited but being old school 'petrol-head' i love the petrol bit the most:p

As some pillock recently has written off my beloved 1.8 Cmax LX i had a chance to buy a new one with dosh of the insurance company.
I was tempted to get 1.6 or 1.8 diesel which i wanted to tune using one of those silly tune-boxes to maximum i could get but then... decided to go for that 'feeble' 1.8 Duratec HE engine.
I honestly do not know what i was thinking buying a car with pretty much detuned race track engine ;P

If time and money allows i will squeeze out from my 1.8l as much as i can!:)

Having said that i wish it could be as easy as fitting one of those £350 tuning boxes:)

So enjoy your tuned diesel which probably by now could pull a whole barn with all its contents and i will stick to my 'feeble' petrol engine:)

Regards.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a 1.8 petrol Duratec HE. It is indeed feeble! No overtaking power, just does not have the legs for the car it's pulling. 125 bhp isn't enough.

That said, my other car is a 3.2 Alfa Roneo so out of one into the other is literally doubling the power!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I shouldn't worry too much. The 1.8 petrol has a top speed of around 120 mph, so what if it takes just under 11 seconds to reach 62 mph, it's an mpv, a tall looking car made for families. You could always wear a mask whilst driving Ha Ha.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure, in basic trim it does not impress...
120hp from 1.8 is not much considering what Japanese can squeeze out from much smaller capacities (ultimate 1.6 'screamer' Honda CRX Vtec if anyone still remembers that- 160bhp! in 1992:)

It is about the potential of the 1.8 or DuratecHE in general!

And to be honest i quite fancy running my 1.8 petrol on Throttle Bodies in the future:)

Best Regards.

·
Registered
489 Posts
There's an article on tuning the Duratec HE 2.0 in this'd this Fast Ford magazine that might be worth a look.

I'd go for a low pressure supercharger kit as best bang for buck, or sell it and by a Zafira GSi, chop Ti e it for an easy 250bhp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts