Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst looking into fitting the heated windscreen I ran through all the added extras I have fitted to our C-Max, thelist was suprisingly long.
Cobra Alarm (Can Bus, works on orginal remote)
Roof mounted Rosen DVD screen (distributed by Cobra)
Cobra Front Parking eyes
Cobra Rear Parking eyes
Heated Windscreen
Tinted rear windows (Same darkness as factory spec)
Tow bar (Witter)
Boot power socket (Came out of an Aston Martin Vantage
)
Bluetooth kit
Clear side repeaters
Front & Rear mudflaps
Uprated headlamp/side lightbulbs
Colour coded the number plate lamp/boot release holder
And all being well, heated side mirrors this weekend.

Apart from tinted windows and the windscreen fitment I fitted this all myself. I suppose it helps that I am a Cobra dealer and in the motor trade

I am in two minds as to if I will fit alloys or not. If I do, they will be Ford items. BUT, the TDCI LX hub caps are smart, very easy to clean, do not corrode and when lost or damaged they only cost £11 to replace

Edited by: Trim Wizard

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Only
Towbar with the twin electrics
Footwell LED's
Front mudflaps
Uprated H'/amps

I'm leaving alloys well alone
- uprating probably means leting your insurance co know
-some other light fingered ##### probably think they look good on their motor as well
-depending on how they are finished the coating eventually peels and causes problems with the tyre beads sealing

·
Registered
163 Posts
furry dice!
Seriously though, Andy. I am looking for some steel rims, let me know if you want to sell yours...

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The steel rims on the Diesels are (Usually anyway) 16" 5 stud units that are the same as the Mk III Modeo. You probably ought to be able to find these in a breakers yard for not much. The one I had was £10 as it was without tyre
Unlike alloys they are reasonably forgiving to having been bashed a little and can also PROBABLY be bashed back into a reasonable balance

·
Registered
163 Posts
Are you suggesting I bash my wheels?
Shame on you!
Yes, steel rims can be hammered back to shape, IF one were clumsy enough to hit something.
My kerb crawling is strictly off limits and only want to substitute the alloys for steelies as the alloysare a pain to keep clean. I would use a set for the winter as a sacrificial offering to the salt Gods which our councils worship.

(tounge very much in cheek)

Like most things in my life, it was only a thought!!!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Fitted Tunit System,footwell lights,chrome sill covers (front & rear)& exhaust tail pipe,uprated side,dipped & main light bulbs,extra light in boot (just a stick on type - push on/push off),K&N air filter,uprated front pads.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Front mudflaps, tow bar & twin electrics, Karmon Hardon drive and go(ipod player) and waxoyl although i didnt exactly fit it
Now need to sort out the head and get a new one in there so you can here the ipod properly

·
Registered
615 Posts
Among other things I changed my alloys from standard ghia onesto these shown in the picture I posted on for sale and wanted. These wheels are now for sale they are as new and have only been on the car six months and the tyres have only done 2500 miles. Only reason for selling dont want the car no more Enyone interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Trimwizard,

Which Bluetooth kit did you add and is it any good? I have looked at the Parrot kit and just wonder how I could fit the small control panel on to the curved dash of a C-max.
PeterT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PeterT said:
Hi Trimwizard,

Which Bluetooth kit did you add and is it any good? I have looked at the Parrot kit and just wonder how I could fit the small control panel on to the curved dash of a C-max.
PeterT
I have a Parrot 3100 in my VW Caddy van as I use the phone in that during working hours. In the C-Max I have a basic Nokia BT kit as I do not use the phone as much in the C-Max.

I had a look at our C-Max and I would fita 3100 or 3000 button/display on the facia near the radio, depending on model spec buttons etc. The 3000 button would also fit nicely in front of the gear lever.(The 3100 may also fit here)Edited by: Trim Wizard

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Mine seems to have plenty of gear already fitted:
Nokia Bluetooth
DVD player
Leather heated seats (heat in front only and a complete god send!)
Ghia alloys (a real pain to clean)
Front & Rear mud flaps
Heated screen

EPB
Cruise control
6 speed box

Only items that I have fitted are white LED bulbs in the front and back including the reading lights and white LEDS in the footwell but looking to find something brighty than what I have now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts