Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the side windows of my Cmax get wet I cannot get rid of the water by simply winding the windows down and then up again. This is so weird that I have only just realised that it occurs. I have never come across a car, in over 35 years of driving, where I cannot get rid of raindrops simply by dint of winding down the offending window. This morning I could not see out of the driver side window, I wound the window down and then up and it made absolutely no difference! I had to get out of the car and clear the water off by hand.
Seemingly the seal does not touch the glass to remove excess water. The same problem occurs on all four windows.

So, is this a defect on my particular motor, or does everyone else have the same problem? If so, could someone let me know [without consulting David Blane] how they manage to remove excess water on the outside of their windows from the inside of their car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i have the same problem on our 54 plate 2.0 tdci, i just leave the window down if it's not to cold or i have to wipethe window dry which is what i do if the kids are getting in the caras it means the wife has to put there seat belts on.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Certed,

I think what this is trying to ascertain is 'When' the windows are wet, winding them down and then up again doesn't get rid of the moisture.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks like the car's designed that way - if you watch the windows when they wind up they start away from the exterior rubber squeegee seal thingy. Then when the window is at full height it moves outwards to engage with the rubber seal.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, that's exactly what happens. Strangely facinating, yet completely useless.
Does anyone know if this arrangement exists in other cars, for example, the ordinary Ford Focus?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I will admit that I did have mine up to 130mph and didn't even realise.

Then I got scared and slowed down to about 50 till my heart rate dropped..... Heeheee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my first c max and i love it, that is apart from wet windows, mine does the same but its worth it to have the car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Metalmicky nice to meet you. I have just got the 2.0 petrol ztec, Actually my wife chose the car i wanted a jag, she does not drive but she certainly picks good cars as i am glad i did not get the jag

1 - 19 of 19 Posts