Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I was giving the car a vacuum and noticed that the passenger footwell (left hand drive car) was quite damp. There's a small flap in the carpet to see the VIN number, I took a look under it and there was quite a bit of water in there! I peeled up as much of the carpet as I could to see if I can find where the water came from, but could not find anything. The floor under the carpet is now starting to rust and needs to be re-painted.

Has anyone else had to deal with this issue? I suspect that it's coming from somewhere in the engine bay where wires come into the cabin but don't want to tear the dash apart yet. My C-Max does not have AC so it's not an AC leak. The water looked like rainwater, at first I assumed that it must have come from snow melting in the footwell when driving in winter, but it should have dried by now?

If anyone has had this problem before please let me know how you managed to fix it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did have a similar problem once, i.e. a puddle of water only one side at the front. It was caused by a poorly fitted replacement windscreen, so I made them do it again.

Rain is easy to simulate ;-) good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi mine had similar leak but the storage bins under the seats and the spare wheel well was also full of water ,i eventually traced it down to where the panels join near the tailgate hinge ,cleaned it iff to get rid of dirty and applied engine sealer to the joints ,not very nice looking but cured the leak and when the tail gate is closed you cant see the sealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts