1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Can anybody help?

I have a 04 C-max
Recently I have heard what sounds like water sloshing across the dash area when I take a sharp left hand turn !
I mentioned it when the car was serviced but as usual the dealer was very unhelpful.

When I was vacuum cleaning the passenger footwell this weekend I found it to be soaking wet!
Can anyone suggest where the water is coming from ?
Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't know if it applies to the C-Max, but anumber of Fords have trouble with water if the pollen filter is incorrectly fitted. Apparently this is an easy error to make and your averageFLFD is by no means exempt from making it, as others may testify.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Cmax has developed what sounds like water on the front passenger side. However we can't hear it when we go more 40mph.  My Husband suggested that it was a stone in the hub cap.  You can tell he still lives in the dark ages - we've got alloy wheels!!! Any one else had this prob?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it sounds like water rushing across the dash area when you take a sharp low speed turn then I've got the same!
My Ford dealer said they could not find a problem! Supprise Supprise!!!!
I have also noted that the pasenger footwell is wet but cannot find where the water is coming from.
Is there anybody out there that can tell mehow to access the pollen filter as I've heard of similar problems with the focus filter not being fitted properly?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had this in my galaxy and the tube that took the water to the back windscreen washer had come apart thus soaking the passanger footwell! Pull the carpet up and take a look xXx

·
Registered
51 Posts
snurdette said:
My Cmax has developed what sounds like water on the front passenger side. However we can't hear it when we go more 40mph. My Husband suggested that it was a stone in the hub cap. You can tell he still lives in the dark ages - we've got alloy wheels!!! Any one else had this prob?
check the passenger door. in the lower part, there should be 2 openings. make sure they are not blocked with anything. if they are blocked with leafs or anything like that, clear them.
those openings are there for the water to be evacutated from the door (the water from the rain goes inside the door, then down on those openings).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This seems to be a problem with some cars and there is a Ford Technical bullitin about water ingress in the bulkhead area. This bullitin seems to be only available to the motor trade! I foundthis bullitinhard to follow and requires holes to be drilled into the bulkhead!.
I seem to have cured mine by removing the windscreen wipers and plastic trim and resealing the seams on the far right. I think rain water was sloshing across this section of thebulkhead when corneringand finding it's way through thebadly sealed joint and not down the drain holes provided.The mastic that was applied at the factoryseemed to be patchy! I used acrylic bathroom sealant on the seam and the passenger footwell is now dry and the sloshing noise has gone. Hope this helps Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI all,i have a 04 Cmax,i to have water in the footwell,But its in the drivers side,iv checked the door seals for blockages,nothing. so took the carpet out by unbolting the drivers seat and it lifts out,and found water running down the corner from the bottom of the window,i guess it too is down to badly seald window,gonna try your methad Mark. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Superted
I have exactly the same problem with water getting into the drivers side and with the weather we are having lately it dries out then soaks again ,dries out and soaks again consequently the car is starting to stink and is really annoying me!!!!Will try resealing the windscreen which does look abit iffy and hopefully problem solved and no smelly car!!
If not back to square one!
captain silver

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi captain silver!
just waiting for this weather to clear a little, no luck of that yet. iv got a musty smell,its not nice,gonna take the carpet out when the weather gives me a break.Iv found it looks like to be coming in the drivers side window,and the passenger side is bone dry,its abit annoying but will hopefuly get it sorted without the advise of a mecanic who hasnt got a clue.
Good luck let me no how you get.
Superted.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
this was what I was looking for

I found this elsewhere. I don't say it is a solution but maybe worth trying

I have had problem with the floor on my 04 focus Cmax (75,000 miles) getting absolutely soaked. This happened during the summer months and had nothing to do with rain etc. I have now solved it and thought I would post the remedy for others. The problem was a blocked drain tube that runs from the Air Con to the outside, because we have the air con on all the time a jelly like substance had blocked the tube and the water was building up and coming out of the fan blower casing. You can tell if you have the same problem because the floor will be absolutely soaked and normally if you have the air con on clear water should drip about a foot in from the off side front wheel if it doesn't then it is most likely blocked. The good news is it is really easy to fix. Kneeling down outside the car and looking in at the drivers side pull away the thin plastic panel that laps over the carpet in the foot well, on the C max there is a single central push stud that holds it in place. Just behind the panel at the same level as the driver pedals( possibly just covered by the top of the carpet) is a black rubber concertiner type tube about 5 inches long and half an inch wide. The bottom goes into the drive shaft tunnel and the top into a black platsic elbow. Pull the elbow out and the grommet style connection into the drive shaft tunnel They come out easily both being a push fit. Clean out the tube and fish out the crap where the elbow pushes in. Reassemble and Ah Voila!

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you have a wet drivers side check the air con drainage pipe has'nt split. start the engine and run the air con when you turn off the engine the water in the air con should drain out under the car and you should see a puddle if no puddle then the water may be draining into the drivers footwell to check this slide your hand up the side of the center console down buy the pedals and there should be a pipe that drains the aircon mine was so bad you could feel the hole without even seeing it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Mark,
Re. Water sloshing from side to side under the dashboard.

I hope that you still have your cmax and are monitoring the forum. I have exactly the same problem with my cmax. I posted virtually the same query as yours soon after we got it in 2008 at under a year old. No-one seemed to understand what I was talking about and the thread quickly became hijacked with non-relevant postings.
I've always wondered if the sound is coming up the heater air tubes.

Do you have any more formation regarding the Ford bulletin.

Did your measures help?

Gordon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I hope someone can help as I am getting increasingly fed up,I have a CMAX 2008 2ltr Automatic, I have the same issue with water in both footwells however the worset side is the drivers side, I have check the drivers side for the Aircon pipe as in previous suggestions, but could not see anything like what was discribed. the garage where I bought if from has had the car now 3-4 times (lost count) and they keep saying it is the pannel underneath it is not sealed and the have contiually siloconed underneath somewhere - but this still has not sorted the problem. Last time I picked the car up I checked the carpet on drivers side and it was dry when I left the garage, I did not use the aircon but did use water washer, to see if this made a difference and low and behold soaking foot wells again but the garage has said they have checked all that.

So please if some one can help as I love the CMAX but am hating the problem. (include picutres if possible please)

Kat

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Kat01
A solution to this problem has been available for over six years from Ford itself. It was supposed to have been sorted by a change in manufacture back in 2004. I have only recently discovered what it is. Please look under the "technical" section and see a post by me named "water under dashboard". on the second page dazzy21 gives the answer. Basically the water is in the bulkhead and you need to form two drainage holes.
Gordon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts