Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had (for 8 weeks) a 57 2.0 auto titanium but i'm not getting any warning when the washer fluid is getting low.
I read the handbook and it says it should appear in the warning message box, but it doesn't.
Is it me or the car (or Ford)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been told by the dealer that sold it to me that being a Titanium doesn't guarantee the bells and whistles being fitted.
Apparently I don't have this function fitted. (no bottle sensor, wiring etc)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have thought so too !!
Anyway, the saga continues.
Got the car back last night after it went in last Thursday to sort-out the engine management light.
Went for about 6 miles and it's come on again.
Back to the dealer again tonight then !! and back in the KA Style loan car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My 08 1.8 Titanium doesn't have a washer low warning either. The new ford brochure doesn't mention the feature but an older copy does, looks as though this feature has been removed. The manual mentions it but then again the manual hasn't been updated to reflect other subtle options too, i.e. the menu system isn't covered in detail and apparently there should be an ESP button but it's actually in the menu.

Hope you get the engine management warning light issue resolved soon pwaite.

Ste

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer has just me to say that the EM light last week was caused by needing an Upstream filter and the light this week is caused by needing a Downstream filter.
Perhaps next week it'll need a new Sideways filter.!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
sometimes i wonder if they make it up. My 2.0 tdci ghia has low level washer bottle warning wish i could turn down the warning beep as it scares the crap out of me

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't see it as much of an issue but i'm doing about 40,000 miles per year and i always seem to run out of water on a motorway when i've just passed a service station and the next one is 400 million miles away. (seems that far anyway)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts