Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So have recently programmed Cruise control onto my 1.8tdci titanium, It is all working and car drives etc and cruise works, However now i have engine malfunction warning and a "missing Vid block" I still have the PCM data saved to desktop and the configuration page saved to my desktop, Would i just rewrite the PCM data again?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Regarding the ESP light, what age is the car? I don't know anything about the 1.8tdci but my 2008 1.8 petrol had the ABS module fail last year and that brought the light on. It's a combined unit that has the ABS and ESP control in the same unit. It's not uncommon and it is repairable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

It has come on since i have programmed in cruise control, abs works fine it is just the esp which does not work, and the esp light which is illuminated alongside the Engine malfunction warning

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just incase anyone is searching and comes accross this and have a similar error, It was because the information had not been saved on Elmconfig for the wheel size and other defining characteristics under the first page on the PCM, Once all this was input and written to the PCM it works perfectly :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts