Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
MMM,mmm yes very similar, although my prob is when it is running and movingand not specificly a turning problem, but it could all be linked to teh vibration in general.

Car is supposed to be going in to dealer tomorrow, so I hope to have a full report later.

Let us know how you get on with teh top mounts.

Cheers,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Updated Report On Steering Vibration Topic.

OK mycar came back from the dealer today (05 TDCI 2.0 C-Max) I have not had a chance to drive itto it's full potential as the M23 and M25 are a few miles away from me, but I did get up to a bit of speed on the by-pass and 50-80 MPH seems fine now with no steering vibration or wobbles.

The Cause

Apparently it was wheel balancing and the dealer had already done this twice!!! but they re-balanced again (all four wheels) and they did admit to it being out of balance and have now rectified the problem, we shall see when I can get it above 80 MPH.

Other problems that I reported that they have now fixed.

Rattle in the seatbelt slider, this is a comon C-Max fault according to the fourms and they took it all apart and cracked the spot weld and this has solved the problem, this was driving me around the twist as it was rattling in my ear at all speeds.

Squeaky pully sort of sound from the engine bay behind drivers side dash, this has also been fixed, it was doing it on tickover and at low revs/speed, they have no reason for the fix but have stated that they have re lubed up some pullys etc, so this may return some day but at the mo I am happy.

End of report, thanks for all your help on this topic.Edited by: burtoncustomx

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Cheers Lawe,

Yes the loan car I had was a 1.8 Titanium new C-Max and I hated it!!!! slow, and too light in the wet, and felt kind of loose on the front end in wet, yuk not for me, although in it's defence, if driven hard into a bend in the dry it was quite good, the interior was better than my 2.0 TDCI Zetec as I prefer black upholstery but that really was the only + point, seemed smaller inside as well, but must of been Ford trickery.

Cheers.Edited by: burtoncustomx

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a tingling vibration through the steering wheel and pedals (and to a lesser extend through the body of the car) even when at a standstill, it's something with the engine I'm sure of it, rev the engine, the high frequency vibration rises with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a tingling vibration through the steering wheel and pedals (and to a lesser extend through the body of the car) even when at a standstill, it's something with the engine I'm sure of it, rev the engine, the high frequency vibration rises with it.
I have the same tingling vibration in accelerator and steering wheel (2010 c mac 2.0 petrol auto)its getting right on my nerves now and puts me off to the point where I dont enjoy driving the thing,yes had all new tyres fitted problem remains,checked all pulleys and crank pulley,no play at all in those,I can only think it's the engine mounts.
Any body else changed the mounts and has it rectified the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you resolve the tingling at all ROC

21 - 28 of 28 Posts