Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

In the past week, i have come across a strange noise coming from the engine of my 2014 1.6TDCi C-Max.

When stationary and the bonnet lifted, the car sounds as normal. When moving and in particular the lower gears (1-3), there's a higher pitched noise that sounds almost rattly. If anyone remembers when they were younger what a push bike would sound like when you jammed an empty plastic bottle into the back wheel to get the 'motorbike' sound, then this is what it sounds like. This appears to only happen when the i press on the accelerator pedal.

There are no warning lights, no loss of power and nothing showing that there is something wrong. Its purely the noise when driving and its extremely annoying.

Before i take it to a garage and start paying out for them to look at it, im wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my last drive outside, on returning home , on tick over i heard what sounded like a Morse code sound coming from the belt area on right of engine ,
i am wondering if it is the serpentine belt or adjustment needs replacement or a bearing on alternator water pump .
A
lthough the car is a 2007 it has only done 35 000 miles it was full service & MOT in August 2020
There are no warning lights, no loss of power and nothing showing that there is something wrong??

Its purely the noise heard when driving and before it could develop into a expense garage problem.
Before i take it to a garage and start paying out for them to look at it, I am wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? & has the answer
Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts