Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cmax needs some new boots ... any recommendations on spec and what I can expect to pay ?

Thinking two this month & two next month ... but If there is a good deal maybe all 4 together

Ta,
Steve

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have Avons on mine 205/16`s I got them from
www.e-tyres.co.uk
These guys will give you a price for any tyre you want & will come to your house/workplace to fit them.
I have used them twice & reccommend them.
Good hunting
MM

·
Registered
125 Posts
Start with Blackcircles.com and as a benchmark (factor in where your local fitter would be) and then ring around. It's a buyers market if it's not urgent for you. Don't be afraid to tell them that this is what you're doing.

As for specific brands - you'll get as many recommendations as there are users. It's a trade off between wear, noise, grip etc... Recommend you steer clear of any budget brand you haven't heard of, but anything from a major brand won't be dodgy.

My only experience has been Conti SportContact2 and Michelin Primacy HP. The Michelins are much harder wearing and generally better IMHO - I will get 30k out of the fronts, whereas the Contis were done after 23-25k.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rob_leics said:
My only experience has been Conti SportContact2 and Michelin Primacy HP. The Michelins are much harder wearing and generally better IMHO - I will get 30k out of the fronts, whereas the Contis were done after 23-25k.
I'll second that. Fittted a set of 4 Primacy HPs from a local tyre fitter (who matched my best online price) which were replacing a set of Contis, and the difference in road noise and ride comfort more than justified the extra cost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently fitted are Conti Sportcontact2 fitted on the back and a Good year NCT5 and a Maxxis fitted on the front (I know thats not so good).

I have found MICHELIN MN ENERGY SAVER 91V @£72.50 which seems like a good price ... anyone have these fitted ? or know what they are like ?

But the more I read about tyres the more confused I am

ta Steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have had 2 sets of Conti's on our C-Max and both sets lasted about 15,000 miles. Best tyres have been Kumhos, so far they have done 15,000 miles and they still have loads of tread left.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Trim Wizard said:
We have had 2 sets of Conti's on our C-Max and both sets lasted about 15,000 miles. Best tyres have been Kumhos, so far they have done 15,000 miles and they still have loads of tread left.
Agree with "TW" I have Kumhos on all corners and set me back around £160 from Micheldever Tyres.
Got me through the Snow as well!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I eventually decided on GoodYear EfficientGrip got them fitted all round today £312 all in at Burscough Tyres.

Steve

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
How are the Goodyear Efficient supposed to differto the NCT 5's please?
I've had the NCT 3 / NCT5 on the last 4 cars and am happy overall even when they were on a 2.0L SRI Cavalier

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Richard G said:
How are the Goodyear Efficient supposed to differto the NCT 5's please?
I've had the NCT 3 / NCT5 on the last 4 cars and am happy overall even when they were on a 2.0L SRI Cavalier

The GoodYear EfficientGrip are great ... no problems so far

Before I bought them I emailed GoodYear asking them what they would reccomend they said NCT5's but that this this was being replaced by GoodYear with the EfficientGrip ... I waited till the EfficientGrip became available.

I dont know much about tyres but the bloke at Burscough Tyres said that they seem like a very good tyre

There is information on the GoodYear website:

http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/tires/repository/efficient_grip/index.jsp

steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts