Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've got a 2011 2.0 tdi powershift which had been great up until a few days ago. The problem is intermittent but more often than not, after a few minutes of driving the warning chime rings out and a message saying 'tyre pressure system malfunction', then the low tyre pressure light comes on, as does the abs and traction control lights. When you stop it says the hill brake assist is disabled.
All tyres are fine, and I've done the pressure reset procedure.
It's booked into the dealer for two week's time as that's their first available slot.
Does anyone know what it might be? Am I right that this year of vehicle doesn't have in-tyre sensors but uses the ABS sensor to detect deflation?
It's strange as it feels a bit rough with slight vibration under the accelerator until the warning lights come on, then when they are on it runs perfectly smoothly - could this vibration be caused by something that gets disabled was the system detects the fault?
I'd be curious to know your thoughts as I'm a little concerned I have to wait 2 weeks for a fault code read.

Sorry I should have put this in the 'technical' thread
Thanks in advance
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
did you get this issue fixed, i have the same problem. i assumed it was an abs sensor but my mechanic put in his reader and it came up with powertrain issue. any advise you have would be great?

thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First visit to dealers they said the battery just needed replacing. They did this and told me to "see how it goes". Within a day the same fault returned. I'm booked in again tomorrow (1st Nov) and really hope it's not massively expensive. I'll update with result.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sounds like the ABS module may have had it. Prepare for a big bill. If it is the case ask about the possibility of fitting a second hand unit or even having yours sent away for repairs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First visit to dealers they said the battery just needed replacing. They did this and told me to "see how it goes". Within a day the same fault returned. I'm booked in again tomorrow (1st Nov) and really hope it's not massively expensive. I'll update with result.
Hi Dave,

interested to find out how you got on?
i'm hoping its just an ABS Sensor, really hope its not the module!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saga continues.. dealer says there's some issue between the abs sensor(s) and the park brake switch. Apparently everything is connected via a wireless network and somehow the signals are getting corrupted and the abs sensor had 'data that it shouldn't'. So their theory is - the vibration felt before the warning messages appear is caused by the system picking up that the signal is interrupted / corrupt and so it 'pulses' the abs system to test it, when it doesn't resolve the issue it throws up the warning lights and messages and shuts down the abs, traction etc. This all sounds very interesting, but bottom line is they're not sure, and I have to take it back in next week so they can liaise with 'Ford Technical' on the phone who should be able to help diagnose. I'll keep the tread updated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All sounds very complicated! And pricey!
My mechanic put his obd reader in and was showing as a powertrain issue on mine. Hes asked me to get a wire diagram but I can not find anything anywhere!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They eventually chan
Hi,
did you get this issue fixed, i have the same problem. i assumed it was an abs sensor but my mechanic put in his reader and it came up with powertrain issue. any advise you have would be great?

thanks.
Did you resolve your issue? They eventually changed an abs sensor on mine (after about £500 of fanning around testing wiring looms) and that seemed to fix it for a few months, but it's started to happen again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They eventually chan

Did you resolve your issue? They eventually changed an abs sensor on mine (after about £500 of fanning around testing wiring looms) and that seemed to fix it for a few months, but it's started to happen again.
Never got to the bottom of mine, think it probably would have been the sensor. But then to top it off the injectors seal blew back in november, had it in the garage for ages had to replace the whole top of the engine, new head gasket skim cylinder head the lot. Got it out the garage about a week and got T boned by someone pulling out of a junction not looking! Insurers wrote it off! Sods law! So I now have a peugeot 2008!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never got to the bottom of mine, think it probably would have been the sensor. But then to top it off the injectors seal blew back in november, had it in the garage for ages had to replace the whole top of the engine, new head gasket skim cylinder head the lot. Got it out the garage about a week and got T boned by someone pulling out of a junction not looking! Insurers wrote it off! Sods law! So I now have a peugeot 2008!
:eek: what a nightmare! Good luck with the Peugeot. I'll keep plodding on with mine 😞

1 - 10 of 10 Posts