Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2012 2 Tdci Titanium 6 speed auto is reliable, comfortable, economical and a car my wife, who is the main user, loves to drive. We have covered 85,000 in our 4 years of ownership without any significant issues except tyre wear and consumption.

Living in a rural part of the country that has it's own crop of road damage( pot holes, wet weather damage etc) is part of the penalty of living in a rural community, which we accept, but our other and previous vehicles do not have such an attrition rate as the C-Max has

I would wish to know if any other owners suffer from the continuous deflation of tyres which occurs every 2/3 weeks?

We have had Goodyears, Michelins and returned to Goodyears due to availability and cost. The car has had the 4 wheel alignment undertaken 3 times and yet it still regularly flags up low tyre pressure low and it is invariably right, so it's not the system.

Is it the alloy wheels becoming porous? The tyres are inflated as per the handbook 38psi fronts 41psi rears.

I should also say that during our ownership we have had 10 tyres changed, 4 due to damage, the others due to wear and tear wonder if this is normal for a C-max?

Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
all our lyres deflate slowly - I pump them every week - they go form 35 - 32 over 1 week, I presume that the inside is just dirty and when I need a new tyre I will get the tyre removed and clean the inside out on the rim
note I have the snowflake alloys !
I have got some cheap trye fix spray - I might put a little of that in

1 - 2 of 2 Posts