Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my tracking checked and adjusted as the insides of my front tyres were scrubbing.

the chap who did it said the one side was ok but the other side was out by 3mm?? is this alot.

now the problem is that although the car isnt pulling one way or the other , the steering wheel is not centred??

it is siting slightly towards the right.

has he done the trackinbg wrong or do i just need to remove the steering wheel and re align??

cheers

steve

·
Registered
280 Posts
Go back to them and get them to do it again, if you've only had it done in the last few days they should do it free. (they did when they did the same thing to my car afew years ago)

I think that all they have done is not set your steering wheel to a central position before doing the tracking. I certainly wouldn't go through the hassle of removing the steering yourself.

As for the 3mm mis-alignment..... hopefully this will explain it.

http://www.centraltyre.net/products-tyres.html

I hope that helps....
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently had exactly the same problem after tracking was checked. As already suggested I took the car back to the ind. garage where the tracking was done and they went through a procedure to centralise the steering wheel to wheel alignment. Now ok and there was no charge.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
what often used to happen with tracking is that is was done only at one wheel and the steering wheel was not thus straight ahead

A quick explanation for those who might benefit

Tracking adjusts the length of the connecting link between the front wheels (and thus changes the angles of the front wheels in relation to travelling straight ahead) by rotating a threaded rod with LH & RH threads thus the connecting link doesn't rotate. There is one of these threaded rods at both wheels to adjust the length and also to keep the steering wheel pointing straight ahead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts