Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am new to the site and am looking for some advice, hope somebody can help me out.
I have fitted a Witter towbar to my company 2008 C-Max and used a westfalia car specific wiring kit for the 12N socket. The kit was very easy, just plugs into the lights and a relay that takes it's power from the 12v socket in the boot. My problem is the 12S socket wiring. I can't find a way of getting the live from inside the car into the engine compartment. I can run the cable under the trim along the car but got stuck trying to get into the engine compartment to attach to the battery.
So if anybody has a way of doing this I will be very pleased to here. I will be towing a folding camper witha leisure battery and a small fridge, so I need the split charge relay.
Regards
Archerybrian

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I had the 12S socket fitted when Indespension dud the towbar and I think they took the 12v feed from inside the car not direct from the battery

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Brian,
When i fitted twin electrics I used a relay for both sockets and took the power from the 12v socket in the boot this socket is fused at 35 amps so will power the fridge and split charger easily. I have somewhere the sheet that i got from the towbar fitter which explains how to wire up. If you are struggling pm me and i will see if i can find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Richard and lazyb for the quick replies.

I have been looking in the owners book and the fuse for the rear power socket is 25A. Was yours the new shape or pre 2007? maybe they changed it. I think the power socket is the best option as I will be only using it for battery charging as I tend not to have the fridge on when travelling. If I get stuck I will pm you.

Once again thanks very much.

Brian

·
Registered
38 Posts
The power in the boot is for towbar wiring. I Have used this power in our C-Max and it charges and runs the fridge in the caravan with out any problems.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I fittted my towbar I took a fusedlive feed direct from the battery, I had trouble getting through the bulhead but managed by piercing a hole in a grommet........Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts