Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new just bought a C Max 1.8i style reg oct 2008, i wish to tow a 2 berth caravan, i have heard that any other tow bar than a Ford fitted one will invalidate the warranty. Has anyone had a tow bar fitted by non Ford franchise, or heard of this issue. regards Magog.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
why not try contacting the major towbar manufacturers and see what they have to say first and if there is a problem then get your dealer to contact ford and enquire

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richard, thanks for this i am doing that tomorrow but thought i would post the question in case its been a problem for any other members. Ta..

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
given that I hink towbars have to be approved to an EC spec, I would suggest that once they are so approved that EU competition law would say that nobody could put any other criteria as to which you could fit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all re this subject, have spoken Allen Ford in Nuneaton, they are not the best dealer in the area, however they tell me that a towbar fitted by a company such as Towquipe will not effect the warranty. They say they do not fit tow bars and use this type of company. Have decided to push the boat out and have a detachable one. Thanks all. Magog

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I've been to the Nuneaton place and found it superb to have the towbar fitted.

Although this was to a Jap import, hence why I went all the way there as they had the knowledge, they were quick (2 hours!)andprofessional with the job and explained everything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Towquipe fitted the towbar on my drive, turned up bang on time, did an excellent job, detachable tow bar is very good and you can hardly tell when the swan neck is detached asthe sockets are tucked under the bumber. Would us Towquipe again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I paid £230 for a Witter (the best IMHO)fixed flange plate and twin electrics fitted at work by Oxon Towbars. Only if there is a failure as a direct result of the fitting could your warranty be invalid, but you would have a claim against the fitter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts