Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently purchased a ford cmax 2016 petrol 1.6. Just wondering whether they have timing chain or belt and if belt what is the interval to replace?

Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

Recently purchased a ford cmax 2016 petrol 1.6. Just wondering whether they have timing chain or belt and if belt what is the interval to replace?

Regards
It is a belt on these. I think the official line is 100k miles or 10 years. However, I am always in the habit of changing mine around 50k, having had a belt shred on a previous car just under 70k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Thanks for that. 50k sounds early but I guess better safe than sorry. What would a Ford dealership charge for a cambelt replacement. I have had my smax done at an independent garage before and if I remember correctly it was around £380 to £400. This car however has only 5k on the clock and when the time comes would preferably want it done at the dealership provided it is not crazy money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK. Thanks for that. 50k sounds early but I guess better safe than sorry. What would a Ford dealership charge for a cambelt replacement. I have had my smax done at an independent garage before and if I remember correctly it was around £380 to £400. This car however has only 5k on the clock and when the time comes would preferably want it done at the dealership provided it is not crazy money.
Not sure on dealer price but paid around £330 at a decent independent locally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts