Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Ford focus cmax 1.8 petrol with 143564 miles.
Purchased 18months ago, my 2nd car and I've only been driving for 3yrs. Mainly use it to and from work, 15 miles a day. Mpg is crap!

Its got a high milage, am. I pushing it now, is it near the end of its life?

It's due a service, I've never had one since I've owned it, last done 122711 miles.

I don't know whether to get it serviced/air con dion refill, new rear brakes and possible clutch or sell it for what I can and get a new/used car.

I'm hardly a mechanic, I've no idea how long the cars got, just that it's got high milage. How bullet proof are these cars?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It all depends on how the car has been treated and driven in its life. Lots of motorway journeys cause little wear and cars can do high mileage with regular maintenance.
One thing is for sure, if you dont change the oil regularly then it wont last very long at all so get it done asap!
Given the car is worth a few hundred pounds, I would have it serviced by a local garage then keep running it (with anual services) until something major needs doing. At that point decide if you want to spend the money on a known good car or scrap it and take the chance on a new car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts