Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to chnage my 2.0 tdci Titanium x and wondered if people could give their views on the various engine options. I realise that if I buy another C Max it will be one of the last, but what are the 1.5 diesel v petrol comparisons? Any views on which is best. I'd like another 2.0 but on a 19 plate that seems very unlikely. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
What mileage do you do and what type of driving (lots of motorway or school run)?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do 18000 per year, most of which is A road commuting. I'm aware of the cost advantage of diesel over those miles but I previously had a 1.8tdci which I didn't feel was that great, slow off the line and missing a 6th gear. I'm not adverse to another, but am interested in thoughts on how the 1.5 (150) petrol performs v the diesel and would 45 mpg be unreasonable from the petrol? I'm also aware that diesel is not as favourable as it once was

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi, I don't know where you are but Perry's in High Wycombe currently have a bargain buy, a 19 plate 1.5TDCi Titanium on offer @ 14250. I don't have any connections with them, I found it when I was looking on the internet. It's an ex demo so has a few extras (self parking, reversing camera, front sensors) and they've knocked a few thousand off the original listing. Seems like a good deal.
I got an ex demo from closer to home that's got almost everything off the extras list. It's my third (and sadly it's got to be the last) C-max and I hope the tech in these modern cars is reliable because there's so much on it.
As for your engine question I can't help, I've only had 1.8 petrol engines up to now and I don't have any experience of the diesel but it seems fine to me. I chose the diesel because, although we don't do many miles, I'm not sure about the new petrol engines, having read mixed reviews.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I don't know where you are but Perry's in High Wycombe currently have a bargain buy, a 19 plate 1.5TDCi Titanium on offer @ 14250. I don't have any connections with them, I found it when I was looking on the internet. It's an ex demo so has a few extras (self parking, reversing camera, front sensors) and they've knocked a few thousand off the original listing. Seems like a good deal.
I got an ex demo from closer to home that's got almost everything off the extras list. It's my third (and sadly it's got to be the last) C-max and I hope the tech in these modern cars is reliable because there's so much on it.
As for your engine question I can't help, I've only had 1.8 petrol engines up to now and I don't have any experience of the diesel but it seems fine to me. I chose the diesel because, although we don't do many miles, I'm not sure about the new petrol engines, having read mixed reviews.
Thanks, I saw that 19 plate at Perry's last weekend so I may take a closer look, although it is 70 miles away. Are you driving a 1.5 diesel and how does it rate against your previous petrol?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would certainly give it a look over, if there's a closer Perry's would they move it? It cost me £50 to get a car moved closer to me but I didn't go for it. It's also got the 'family pack' with a 240v socket in the back and seat back trays. The extras list puts the original price up to over 25k.
As far as my own car experience, I got it on 15th November and have only driven it a few times. It's the 1.5 diesel, I keep forgetting about the 6th gear but it drives well. Power is about the same as the 1.8 petrol but there's loads more torque. You'll be used to that as you're used to a diesel, though. I last drove one as a company car around 1998.
I don't have much experience of driving it because it went in to a main dealer on 27th November and I've not seen it since, I'm driving a Renault Captur that Ford arranged because it's waiting for a spare part to be made in Germany! The passenger side rear door stopped locking after I used the child lock switch and a fault message appeared on the display, it wouldn't reset using the standard method (on and off 4 times) so it's being fixed under warranty. Doesn't bode well for the future.
I messaged Perry's about all the extras on their ex demo, just thinking about helping them shift it. You would have thought a main dealer would have listed them but the salesman who rang me (he thought I wanted to buy it) said they just use the same specification for all listings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts