Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve seen a few threads asking about fitting roof racks/bars on a C-Max Grand without the factory roof rails.

Well I did it recently so I’ve got a few photos for anyone interested.

I used the square bar kit from RoofRacks.co.uk which consists of:
  • Thule Evo Clamp (4 pack) 7105
  • Thule SquareBar Evo (pair) 127cm 7123
  • Thule Kit 145097
The site says this kit is good for all 2010+ Grand C-Max. (Mine is a 2017 plate).

There are a few other bar options available, but most of them use the same clamp and foot pack.

As you can see both bars are mounted above the rear sliding door, clamping securely around the outer door seal:

The door seals are not compromised by this. We drove a few hundred miles during Storm Ciara and had the rack on the car all week with no ingress issues despite torrential rain, sleet and snow.

I paid £159.95 for the full kit and it arrived in two days with keys matched to my Thule bike rack.

You can also get it from RoofBox.co.uk where it is a couple of quid cheaper but the key matching service is slightly more of a faff.

(I’m not affiliated with either. This is not an ad, just information)

Hope that is useful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add: my car has the panoramic sunroof and there was no issue fitting the rack over it.

Just got to be extra careful not to accidentally drop anything onto it! ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I should add: my car has the panoramic sunroof and there was no issue fitting the rack over it.

Just got to be extra careful not to accidentally drop anything onto it! ?
Thanks for your post, was actually trying to fit this kit today and noticed it wouldn’t sit right above the sliding door seal. The only way it seems to fit well is over the seal, although I am finding I have to move the fitting towards the rear more to allow the sliding door to close. This knocks off the measurements supplied with the kit. When you fitted the rear bar did you stick to the same measurements between the bars as specified or did you make any adjustments? Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you fitted the rear bar did you stick to the same measurements between the bars as specified or did you make any adjustments? Thanks.
Sorry, I am not sure. I was fitting the bars so that I could attach an existing roofbox that had fixed mounting points, so I had to match up the bar positions with that. You can see in my second photo roughly where I placed the bars.

The instructions in my Thule kit call that the 'W' distance and list it as 700mm - but please note that distance is measured from the front face of the front bar to the front face of the rear bar, not just the distance between them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, I am not sure. I was fitting the bars so that I could attach an existing roofbox that had fixed mounting points, so I had to match up the bar positions with that. You can see in my second photo roughly where I placed the bars.

The instructions in my Thule kit call that the 'W' distance and list it as 700mm - but please note that distance is measured from the front face of the front bar to the front face of the rear bar, not just the distance between them.
Thanks for the reply. I have fitted them and am going to buy a bike carrier today. May Need to make some slight adjustments when fitting I think.

One final point- I feel one of the back figments catches on the sliding door ever so slightly due to the noise it makes. Did you experience this at all?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts