Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 1.6 petrol

I’m taking it into a garage tomorrow that I trust. Seems to be coming from one of the joins in the heater pipes.
I am going to show them a picture of the repair people have done by replacing the o ring joins with rubber hose.
Has anybody had this fix done, and is it a lasting repair?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Anyway,
In case anybody is interested, the garage fitted two hoses, one on each pipe, thus removing the need to have the o clip join.
I also had an oil service at the time so effectively the job only cost me £20 for the hose as they only charged me an hours labour for the service and the coolant leak.

Even if yours isn’t leaking now, it surely will do at some point so worth getting done for a score as a preventative measure as part of your next service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exactly the same problems as previously mentioned, low coolant level, overheating and antifreeze in the drivers footwell. After tinkering and failing I decided to take it to my regular garage who replaced the o rings. for 1.5hrs labour and parts was charged £100. I was qouted £125 for a diagnostic at Ford!

The mechanic said the o rings were now smaller than original ones and created a tighter seal. Seems they recognise the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts