Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been lurking for some time on here while trying to decide between a C-Max and the equivalent Renault and Citroen models, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes here.

Its a fabulous resource for the panicky car-buyer :)

Arabella

ps Im going for the C-Max

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Havent really decided on which model, but it will be with the 1.8 petrol engine as we dont really do many miles every year.

Actually the whole model thing is so far my biggest irritation with Ford, that you can only get certain fittings with certain models. Seems very inflexible to have to buy the Titanium for example, just to get rear electric windows. The other brands I looked at are far more flexible on what extras you can chose to have/not have.

A

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The one feature I think, having had it as apparently an extra on our LX, that I would now go for again,is a heated front screen

·
Registered
615 Posts
The new C max I have been told is a big improvement on the old Focus c max model.

I have a petrol 1.8 04 reg Focus c max I know of someone with a 1.6 54 reg Diesal and someone with a petrol 1.6 (125) 07 reg.

ALL I MAY ADD HAVE BEEN NOTHINK BUT TROUBLE

I wish you luck because each of us have had endless problems with our cars.

Heres what I have had to replace in two years of owning the car and other issues aswell

NEW EGR VALVE
NEW AIR CON PUMP
NEW AIR CON RADIATOR
NEW AIR CON CONDENSOR
NEW AIR CON CLUTCH
NEW ALTERNATOR
PAINT WORK
NEW BRAKE ACTUATER
WIRING REPLACED
ENDLESS SOFTWARE UPDATES
2 MODULES REPLACED
NEW RADIO
NEW ANTI ROLL BAR BUSHES
NEW BATTERY
NEW IGNITION COILS
4 X WINDSCREENS
ENDLESS TRIM BITS NEEDED REPLACING DUE TO THEM BREAKING OR FALLING OFF
NEW KEYS
NEW FUEL READER THAT GOES IN THE PETROL TANK AS I HAD FULL TANK AND THE LIGHT NEVER WOULD GO OFF
NEW BREAK PADS ALL ROUND
NEW ROCKER COVER AND GASKETS
NEW WINDER WIPER MECHANISM
NEW CENSOR
NEW REAR LIGHT CLUSTER
NEW INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

The list goes on with my car and it,s endless problems.

I now have sorned the thing as in two years I have done 8000 miles. It only has 37500 miles on the clock , hardly high mileage so I cant use that as an excuse for the endless problems I am having.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not a happy bunny then

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, after much soul searching I ordered one - in case anyone is interested 1.8 petrol, titanium, parking sensors, DEATC

How weird is it that a spare wheel is an extra nowadays, even though its free?

A

1 - 12 of 12 Posts