Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm very interested in getting a C-Max Zetec 2.0 Auto on the Motability scheme in October. I drive a Focus 1.6 Zetec Auto now which is also a very good car but on visiting the Motability Roadshow in Stoneleigh Park Coventry this week! I tested the C-Max Auto and was totally blown away on how well it drives and was by far my favourite vehicle out of all the 23 cars I test driven.

I also read in the Focus & C-max Brocures that there isn't much difference in fuel consumption between the Focus 1.6 auto and the C - Max 2.0 auto

Combined fuel consumption

focus 1.6 Auto 36.7

C - Max 2.0 Auto 35.3

Are these figures about right or should I take them with a pinch of salt.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Hmmm thats quite scary - You're car should be getting 39.8 so god knows what the real mpg is on the 2.0 auto.

I think I may just settle for another Focus 1.6 instead. Pity really as I really enjoyed the C - Max test drive.

Thanks again for the feedback

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It certainly would although I dont se Focuses as a compromise as they are very good cars - although the cmax was extremelly very good.

At the motability show I went too in Coventry! I tested 23 cars including Mercedes B class - A class & the new C class 180 Coupe and I am being seriously honest when I say that the C - Max & the focus beat these cars hands down for the most rewarding driving experience

I'm still tempted by the C - Max though lol

P.S I've had a bit too drink before writing this post

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Roly! Thanx for the info.

I've been doing some calculations by taking 20% of the official fuel consumption figures as a worse case senario and find that I would be only losing 22.08 less than the 1.6 focus on combined fuel consumption on a full tank.

So I think I'll bite the bullet and go for the C - Max! They are so easy to get into and the drive is superb.

Did you go to the Motability Roadshow yourself and what did you think of it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Official fuel figures 2.0 auto

Urban Extra urban Combined
25.2 45.6 35.3

20% less as worse case

Urban Extra Urban Combined
20.16 36.48 28.24

Would these figures be about right or are they a bit better?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I agree that if its just city driving! then a c-max would'nt be the right car but I do quite alot of motorway driving so should be still a good vehicle to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts