Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you open the tailgate if there’s no power in the battery, is there an inside lever that you can access.

only reason I ask is that I had that problem in my last car ( not a ford ) where my dog was stuck in the back, my alternator went bad and I had to drive to a safe place to get a recovery and in the end the car just died on
( diesel ).
so I couldn’t open the tailgate until a recovery vehicle turned up 50 minutes later, then it took 3 trucks to get us back home with the dog in the back of the car, apparently it’s in case the driver is allergic to animals.
we did get him out when we could and he wasn’t pleased at crawling over the back seats, not an easy task with a Labrador.

·
Registered
359 Posts
There is no inside lever, but you can always open the bonnet and jump the battery with another to get power to open locks. IF the tailgate lock jams shut through mechanical failure you will have to crawl in through the rear seat area and undo the trim and lock striker plate to open the tailgate. If you have a dog guard in place you would need to remove that to get access, then of course your dog is no longer a problem ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in the country when it happened no access to a jump, we have no dog guard as he’s always has a seat belt tether on in the back.
might be easier as I have the middle seat always folded in, as more than often it’s only me in the car.

the full tank of diesel I put in in March might last till end of the year, as no long distances planned at all due to current global thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts