Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to update nav system For my 2014 C-max Tit X and found this almost by accident.
I went on Ford website and found this page......https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/
Put in your vin and see what's there. For mine it was a update to Sync 1.1 (there are instructions to print off.)
I followed them (First time it failed I had not unzipped the file before putting it on flash drive)
Second time it worked, it does take time, a little more than the 20 min's it says but OK
It does ask you to upload a file the car adds to the flash drive for conformation.

I am not sure what 1.1 has more than 1 but it now see music I have on a USB stick it didn't before. (alas no maps)

This is for all fords and all Sync levels

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was looking to update nav system For my 2014 C-max Tit X and found this almost by accident.
I went on Ford website and found this page......https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/
Put in your vin and see what's there. For mine it was a update to Sync 1.1 (there are instructions to print off.)
I followed them (First time it failed I had not unzipped the file before putting it on flash drive)
Second time it worked, it does take time, a little more than the 20 min's it says but OK
It does ask you to upload a file the car adds to the flash drive for conformation.

I am not sure what 1.1 has more than 1 but it now see music I have on a USB stick it didn't before. (alas no maps)

This is for all fords and all Sync levels
Sorry I'm not as computer literate as I could be. I have tried this but the sync keeps saying unable to find or words to that effect. How do you unzip the file. I think I'm learning this car by trial and error.

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I'm not as computer literate as I could be. I have tried this but the sync keeps saying unable to find or words to that effect. How do you unzip the file. I think I'm learning this car by trial and error.

Thanks

Lee
Right click on folder then select 'Extract all' copy extracted files to stick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts