Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Bought yesterday a mk2 1.8 diesel. As i need to drive way more miles for a new job.

My mk1 seats looks better and are in way better condition. Can i just swab them over? I'm not quite handy, but with the internet these days yiu can tackle any problem.

I dont think there are airbags in them. But im not sure how to see that tbh. As far as i can see there no electronics in them. The bolts in the mk 2 front seat look bigger tho.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Danny

·
Registered
358 Posts
I don't think there will be a problem but and it's a big but Airbags (there should be a small tag on the seats) and pretensioners wiring could be different.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Forgot to mention if you have just bought a 1.8 tdci check that both cam belts have recently been changed most mk 2 1.8 tdci's have a lower wet belt(unless upgraded to a double chain) that has a habit of snapping and wrecking the engine it's meant to last 110,000 but I've known them to snap as low as 85,000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i manage to change the seats. And the electronics are the same. Will the airbag failure light come on? Been reading alot online. And that being mentioned alot

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have unplugged removed and later refitted the same seat without suffering an airbag light, I doubt the seat airbags are coded but they may well have different sensors or checksums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts