Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Focus C Max 1.8 56 Petrol
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 56 Plate C Max I have a dash board light on saying there is a problem with my steering. I have had a recommended auto electrician check it and he says that it needs a Steering Sensor Switch. I took it to a garage that fixes Ford and they say it needs a completer new steering rack , which is not cheap. The car has no problem with the steering and only has the light on. In the manual, it says if the battery fails and is replaced this needs resetting, but does not say how. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dave Tee

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi David,

By the sound of it, you've got doubts about your battery . If you're still running on your original 56reg battery, then this may, or not, be something to do with your warning light problem (bearing in mind your steering seems fine) . I had a similar situation on a VW touran (different make same principle) - I had the steering wheel icon lit up, and others, the steering was fine, but the battery knackered. Are you sure that you need to reset a new battery on that 56reg? - does it have stop/start ? If so, then maybe. I had a 2007 CMax and replaced the Ford silver calcium with a non silver calcium with out the need for registering or resetting.
Obviously you're going to want to make sure that you really need a new steering rack - did you auto electrician have a fault code with his diagnosis? is the steering sensor switch part of the rack?
Let us know the outcome

·
Registered
Ford Focus C Max 1.8 56 Petrol
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Battery ,I think is good. We went away for 10 days and the car started on the first turn of the key, so I am not concerned with the actual battery. I just wondered if there was a set way to re start the Steering Sensor after the battery failed, or did it do it on replacing the battery. Also the Auto Electrician said he could not reset it and pointed the problem to the Steering Sensor, but thank you for replying though.
Regards
Dave Tee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts