Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m here in desperation as my 2006 C Max has been to the garage twice and nobody seems to be able to find out what’s wrong. I have a really irritating squeak from both front and rear - especially rear- when going over speed bumps or uneven surfaces. It started about eight months ago, It doesn’t happen when it’s cold but as the weather or the car get warmer the louder it gets. It went into the garage yesterday and they did £400 worth of work on it, replaced the top mount, shock absorbers and an anti roll bar link... and it’s still squeaking!! Made zero difference! Surely it can’t be something I just have to put up with... Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I’m here in desperation as my 2006 C Max has been to the garage twice and nobody seems to be able to find out what’s wrong. I have a really irritating squeak from both front and rear - especially rear- when going over speed bumps or uneven surfaces. It started about eight months ago, It doesn’t happen when it’s cold but as the weather or the car get warmer the louder it gets. It went into the garage yesterday and they did £400 worth of work on it, replaced the top mount, shock absorbers and an anti roll bar link... and it’s still squeaking!! Made zero difference! Surely it can’t be something I just have to put up with... Any ideas?
Yes! Mine does it too. Known fault but the dealerships will not own up to it publicly. It’s the door /window seals that are squeaking when they get soft in the warmth of summer. Washing the car stops the noise for a few days but returns when the weather’s hot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts