Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post (long time reader) 1.6 tdci a pipe has split and I can't find the name of the pipe yet alone how it's replaced. There is oil spraying out of it (just a little) and making a wooshing noise under acceleration. The mechanic will take a proper look in the new year and said there is an awful lot of oil in the intake which has led to the rubber pipe either slipping off or rotting. First of all can someone point me to the name of the part or part number and second, would it normally be caked in oil. Please see the pictures. Its a very soft vertical rubber hose that seems to be leaking air and oil. I'd rather get some info before I go down the turbo repair route. View attachment 10727 View attachment 10728 View attachment 10729

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Try this link here, I think its just an air hose. The oil is usually a sign of turbo oil seals failing and letting oil through. When it gets really bad the car can run on the oil and kill itself. Only cure is a new or recon turbo but Its not unusal in a high mileage car. I have a high mileage Ford Galaxy with lots of oil in the inlet system for the same reason. My car does not use excessive amounts so if yours is the same I would probably live with it.

The best couse of action will be to remove the intercooler and clean the oil out with petrol or thinners, that is the low point and will be where the oil will accumilate. The pipe should be easy to replace but you may need to change the factory clips with big jubilee clips.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Not heard of normally occurring crank case oil vapour then ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts