Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedo not working with ABS, Anti Skid and Hill Start assist warning lights on :-(

The latter three came on the morning it was due to go in for a service at 75099 miles so had the timing belt changed, rear suspension bushes changed and a full service done

Mechanic reset the service and all lights went off as expected

However when I picked it up lights on again and the speedo not working now - not a good day

Also, and this may be me just being overly sensitive, I felt the power steering was quite heavy

I am not prepared for a big bill so hoping there is an easy fix but either way the car is going as I've had enough

·
Registered
440 Posts
Had it been a Mk1 I would hazard a guess at instrument pod dry joints on the circuit board, maybe this fault has migrated to later models now. With those tapping the top of the pod would sometimes clear the fault for a while. The other consideration is a fault in the ABS block as thats probably where the speedo gets its signal.
Good luck with hoping for a small bill!

·
Registered
538 Posts
you need to get the codes read, it seems to be pointing to an abs sensor or ring fault. the speedo is taken from the abs system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts