Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Son in Law has recently (6Weeks)joined the band and became the owner of a 2008 2L Zetec Diesel. He just returned from holiday and found he hada flat tyre. On going to the boot discovered NO spare wheel (he should have checked earlier but that the young generation, 49 year old), spacesaver or otherwise.
Does the car come with a spare? or just the kit to seal a puncture. If so what happens if you really burst a tyre?
Others owners experience appreciated.
Take care,
Dougie

·
Registered
125 Posts
The C-Max has a void under the boot floor that should have a space-saver spare. It is possible that the previous owner removed it - I've also heard of them being removed to save weight and improve economy. Certainly he should be able to get one to fit.

I'm assuming you've eyeballed this car and know it's a C-Max? If there's been a bit of mis-hearing on the phone or something and he's actually got an S-Max... well they don't come with spare wheels and there's nowhere to put one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Yes it is a C Max and after phoning the Ford garage that supplied the car they are saying that is the way they are being shipped, nowwith no spare and this repair kit.
However it seems they have agreed to order and supply a space saver and jack. Waiting to see
Dougie

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have no spare, just the sealing kit on my 08 2L auto petrol. I was told that a spare and jack etc was a freeoption when ordering new, which probably was not pointed out to the buyer, as who in their right mind would opt for the kit.Would be interested to know if you manage to getthis free from ford?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Phoned the dealer this morning and he has it in hand?
Will keep you informed as it progresses. Don't know if it's from Ford or goodwill from the dealer.
Have a 56 2L Petrol Zetec myself and have the usual spare. Did not know there was such a thing as this kit as a standard fitment on cars. As I said earlier, what hapens if you hit the kerb and the tyre bursts? A case for your breakdown service and a long wait instead if a 10 minute (max) job. Not only that the hassle with this kit is unreal, 7 minutes here and 3 miles there, apart from the mess.
And you can't ever change a wheel without buying a jack

Take care
Dougie

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It does seem that the newer cars now come with a can of foam and that the spare wheel was in fact an optional extra.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Folks,
Just to update the saga of the lack of a spare wheel. Well our Ford dealer (Dunfermline Auto Centre
, I think they deserve a plug) came up trumps. They have supplied my son in law with a new "Spacesaver & Jack" free of charge.

Can only praise their response to this problem, and recommend them as a first class dealer. Not just on this issue, but previous dealings have always had a good outcome.
Take care,
Dougie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Sorry no details as it was all done by the garage. I'm sure if you give your local Ford Parts Dept a phone. you will get the info you need.
Good Luck,
Dougie

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks Dougie, I've got a week of work next week so going with the intention of purchasing a wheel as yet again last night I managed to get a nail in the tyre and had to run down to the local Farmers Autocare and get the tyre replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts