Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi am really pleased with my 1.8 tdi so so nippy, but i only have one key, its the remote one and according to the hand book you can programme a second one, but i have also read you need 2 remote keys to programme a third one. Any one any knowledge of this? Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Which page in the handbook?

You need to get a dealer or auto locksmith to program the keys to start the car. The remote function can be programmed yourself but you have to program them all in one go meaning you do need the 2 keys for a 3rd but to program a second key you only need the first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gepard, thanks for this i was reading the owners manual last night and it explains it in simple terms, but was unsure about the 2 keys to programme a third. I am going to get a 2nd key this week and re programme it as per the manual. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 10 plate (old shape) and the wife had the remote while i had the spare. It would open the drivers door but needed the key in the ignition before wifey could get in. 130 quid to get me out of that difficulty. You can open the boot for the shopping but leave the key in when u close it and you have about 12 seconds to get the keys back out or they are locked in. Keyman was having a play before parting me with my money. So assume with the spare key in the ignition, the boot will then open..

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi, I got a normal key (none remote) cut and cloned for £25 at Timpsons.
The only downside with a cloned key is that it doesn't count as a second key and you can't programme any further keys yourself but for £25 why bother with the hassle?

2009 1.8 TDCI Titanium

1 - 5 of 5 Posts