Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help is there any key cutting in lincolnshire. I have just purchased a 2012 C Max MPV 1.6 TDCI and the previous owner had only 1 key.
I could do with a a spare and I am struggling to find one that could help.
Any information would be gratefully helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Timpsons have never let me down. I have a similar problem and will be visiting them when my new remote fob arrives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timpsons have never let me down. I have a similar problem and will be visiting them when my new remote fob arrives.

Thanks for the info was unsure about Timpsons as I was unsure if they could program the
Fob would be interested in your report when you get your new remote fob also cost.
I got a price from a auto key place in Lincoln £150 including programming
Thanks Alan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've already ordered a replacement fob from flea bay for the princely sum of £8.68 including postage. Was planning on getting Timpsons to cut the blade for me. As for programming, my mechanic has told me of a local guy who does programming. Will be checking with him and Timpsons. May bite the bullet and buy a copy of forscan (£8 odd for 1 year licence. Its free apart from a couple of options including key programming). Reckon it'll cost about £60 if I DIY (£50 goes on OBD connector for laptop).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update.

Key has been programmed to unlock and lock doors. Was cut at Timpson for a £5. (£13.68 so far...) Whilst cutting, chap mentioned that some cheap key blades are made of aluminium or other weak metals. However, this cheap one was fine (they know the moment they start to cut). Replacement from Timpson fully programmed and warranted goes for £130.

However, car won't start with new key so its off to the local chap to see how much he wants before I decide the next step. I'm happy though because I now have total closure for those "I left my window open" moments...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for their help Gota local locksmith ( WWW.Lockstocklocksmith.co.uk) and he was only 30 minutes away. so he done it the same day.. Checked all locks with both keys
and fobs everything worked Charged £130 .
All I need now is a towbar any help re this please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cable arrived yesterday. Grabbed drivers for cable from website using stand alone installer. Joined Forscan forum (can't get extended trial license until this point). Activated Forscan this morning.

Now have a fully working key for £35.63. Am about to order a second remote key from Flea bay. So that will be two keys, cut and programmed for £49.31!

Bonus is I can see what the ECU has issues with to try to fix myself before seeing the garage. Result!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts