Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a spare key fob of ebay for £4.50 and programmed it to the car as this youtube clip

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hjw1QgZ6Do[/ame]

It works great, Just need to get a blade cut for my ignition.

Cant beleive how easy it was, Just cost me £180 for a new key for my citroen!!!! loving this Cmax

Hope this helps someone

Brian

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOOOPS ignore this post

It does program the key and it works perfectly BUT the car looses the other keys and you then have to program them again. Dosent seem to be a way of programming multiple keys using this method.

So not as good as i first thought lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just realised it tells you on page 104 of the user manual how to do this, heres me thinking it was some sort of backstreet hidden trick lol

Apparently if you have more than one key you have to do them all at the same time, So program key in ignition and then press open button on all other remotes within 10 seconds and then all keys work.

Thought id buggered my other keys lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice post, Brian. Think we should make it a sticky!
Was a terrably written first technical post lol BUT i learnt a lot in a short period of time lol Really thought i'd messed up my spare key.

I only got an extra Fob as i saw that clip on you tube and wanted to give it a go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Brian,

Perfect timing with this post. A button broke off my circuit board. It's also sticky, so no point trying to solder it on.

Did the key come with the chip and circuit board included?
Please, post a link to the one you bought on ebay.

Thanks,
TB

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got a spare fob, had the key cut and went through the programming bit - new fob opens and closes doors, key turns the ignition but the immobiliser kicks in and it won't start - do I have to do something else to programme the immobiliser bit ???? Will be a bit frustrated if I have to get it done at a dealer for lots of pounds.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts