Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, great to see a C Max forum so active.

Just picked up an 07 plate C-max zetec Monday last.

Today when my wife opened the drivers door using the spare key, the door opened OK but the perimeter alarm was activated, and the countdown sequence to the full alrm sounding began. She inserted the key in the ignition and the alarm cancelled.

This does not appear to be happening with the remote open close unit that I use, but only when a key is used to unlock / open the door,.

Before I give the car back to the dealer can anyone shed any light on what the possible cause is?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hello & welcome,the remote key deactivates the alarm automatically,the spare has no electric pulse to send so therefor it needs to be done manually.\Hope this is of some help

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi got a second remote of ebay for £45 its for a jag but is a diy programe , dead easy just follow instrustions in your ford manual . i still use the spare key to start car .

·
Registered
280 Posts
I must be lucky with mine.... coz i got TWO remote keys (and the RED one) with my car both programmed and both do exactly the same.

The only time the alarm goes off for me is whenever I have a 'blonde moment' and open the bonnet without unlocking the car first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts