Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2003 2 litre diesel cmax, I had both driveshafts replaced and the offside front wheel bearing replaced at the same time about 6 months ago, now I have a ‘rubbing sound’ that starts about 20mph and up, it doesn’t seem to match the road speed but it has gradually got louder, it might just be me but it’s as though I can ‘feel’ the rubbing on the drivers floor pan as though it’s being transmitted through the floor...the other thing I noticed is that the rubbing sound seems more prominent if I knock it out of gear if I’m coasting towards a junction or roundabout, I can sometimes get a loud ‘clunking’ noise if I come off the throttle and then back on the throttle a bit quick....any ideas...I will check out the driveshafts just in case they have gone again, but they were brand new fitted only about 6,000 miles ago.
many thanks for any help.
essexboys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nighthawk2018, clutch feels fine no problem with gear changes, no noises when using the clutch peda

·
Registered
392 Posts
HIya clutch will still be fine and not slipping but vibration through drive and the fact when you take it out of gear and on and off of throttle noise is what makes me think of DMF .
Do you get a slight rattle/clatter some times on tick over worse when you rev and release ticking over and is it worse at 60+

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No noises or rattles at the moment, there was only one occasion when ticking over that I depressed the clutch and got a rattling noise but it hasn’t happened since...do you think the release bearing is shot ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts