Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there my name is tony, i brought a 2006 1.8petrol for the mrs. It has 91k miles 12months mot with very minor advisories. However after the drive home it seemed fine no problems.
Now this morning i noticed its smoking blue/white from exhaust so i checked oil level and it was empty. I put around 3 litres in to put it to the maximum marker. 2 days later having only done 100 or so miles ive checekd again and its pretty much empty again. Upon reading several threads and forumns its either stem valve seals or possible piston rings problem? It drives normal no issues i will check if pcv pipe is ok but im hoping its just stem valve seals. Any idea of labour cost for this?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Tony, welcome to the forums.
I can't answer your question, but my concern would be that you've just bought it with a very low oil level.
If it's a private sale, you won't know if it's been sold because of the oil issue but I guess it is, and you won't know how long it's been driven with low oil (hopefully it's not only been topped up after the oil light came on).
I it's from a dealer, you would expect they would have checked levels and such like before they put it through an MOT, it could be worth asking. I know he oil isn't an MOT issue but surely any garage would check any car before they sell it.
3 litres is a lot to be low, IIRC it's about 1 litre between the dipstick lines and there's only around 4 litres to fill it.
Whichever problem is causing the oil loss, it's likely to have affected other parts. Hopefully it's not too far gone to get it fixed at a reasonable cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts