Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Cmax 2014, when filling up with petrol and when driving with a full tank..I get a strong smell of petrol coming from the boot..behind the rear drivers side wheel arch inside the car, where no fuel can get inside the car..I think?..as everything to do with the petrol is outside..where there is no smell or leaks at all!???anyone can figure whats happening..Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Kayak,
Could you maybe get a schematic of the fuel fill pipe and tank and figure out any possible weak links i.e. perishable rubber
I once had a Moneo giving out serious fumes - and a problem with the section from the fill into the tank. I don't often put a car into a garage, but on that occasion, there was no way I was going to mess about on my driveway. From memory, the job was quickly fixed - at no great cost.
Let us know how it turns out for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like its just an overfill of the fuel tank..I was told by a garage that there is a pressure valve or something in the tank..that doesn't like it being filled completely up?..and fumes are coming up from a vent pipe?, the fuel is dropping through use now..there doesn't seen to be that much of a smell inside of the car..but strange that the smell is/was getting inside of the car with nothing internal of the body of the car that had fuel there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts