Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my 1.8 zetec for 12 months been reliable apart from a new cat but it seems to lack power.With my foot flat to the floor the revs take ages to rise and needs lots of revs to pull away,it feels like its restricting,any help appreciated.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello Wayne.

How long has this problem been occuring? Duratecs are revvy engines, so somethings up. How old is your car, and have you been in to a ford garage to check for computer updates since you bought the car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response,its a 2004 and to be honest its probably been like it since i bought it,i had a 98 mondeo 1.8 and it was revvy as you say buti thought this car was maybe heavier,trying to avoid going to ford for updates,ive got a code reader coming so maybe somethng will show.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It doesn't sound like a weight problem, more of a tuning defect. My local fraud garage charged me £45 for plugging my 54 in and rectifying an 'over-reving' difficulty. They don't charge if they find nothing to 'update'. If your reader finds something amiss, then you'll have to bite the bullet, but £45 seems not to be too high a price for happy motoring.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Let us know how you get on, and what 'update' they found to recify the problem - presuming they find something amiss. It's always useful to know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did this fault occur after the new cat was fitted. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's not damaged. Parts from the cat can block the exhaust, it happened to me with a 92 Volvo 460

1 - 8 of 8 Posts