Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a warning light come up ‘child lock malfunction, please service.... something like that.

sliding door on one side didn’t open when unlocked. After unlocking and relocking a few times the door was able to open. Now the door won’t lock. When I lock the car , all the other doors lock apart from this one.
Took it to a ford dealer who said the warning was to replace the lock motor, which they did. This didn’t sort the issue. They spend 5 hours and didn’t fine the issue costing me and still no fix.
They say it’s electrical but can’t find it :(
Don’t know what to do, it’s booked into ford next month while it sits on my drive unlocked. Not sure if they can do much else from last garage.

·
Registered
Ford Grand C Max 2013, Diesel
5 Posts
Hi,
I am facing the exact same issue with rear sliding door (driver side) not locking and no power to window. All other door locks and power windows working perfect.
Were you able to fix this issue? If yes, How did you manage to fix please?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I am facing the exact same issue with rear sliding door (driver side) not locking and no power to window. All other door locks and power windows working perfect.
Were you able to fix this issue? If yes, How did you manage to fix please?
Hi, I am also having trouble with the exact issue. Did you manage to sort yours?

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had a warning light come up ‘child lock malfunction, please service.... something like that.

sliding door on one side didn’t open when unlocked. After unlocking and relocking a few times the door was able to open. Now the door won’t lock. When I lock the car , all the other doors lock apart from this one.
Took it to a ford dealer who said the warning was to replace the lock motor, which they did. This didn’t sort the issue. They spend 5 hours and didn’t fine the issue costing me and still no fix.
They say it’s electrical but can’t find it :(
Don’t know what to do, it’s booked into ford next month while it sits on my drive unlocked. Not sure if they can do much else from last garage.
Hi, I’m having the same problem. Did you manage to get yours sorted?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, for me there was water all over under the seats. My mechanic lifted all seats and carpet under seats. Found some issue with wiring. He fixed and did not had any issue again.
Thanks for the update. It will give me somewhere to start looking. I had noticed underneath the two folding seats in the boot was quite damp a few weeks ago. This issues been driving me crazy as it seems to be common but I have not found any videos etc online on how to fix it. Garage wanted to charge £126 per hour to update the software and stick it on the diagnostic machine😭

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the update. It will give me somewhere to start looking. I had noticed underneath the two folding seats in the boot was quite damp a few weeks ago. This issues been driving me crazy as it seems to be common but I have not found any videos etc online on how to fix it. Garage wanted to charge £126 per hour to update the software and stick it on the diagnostic machine😭
Hi, did you find a fix for this? I have 2011 grand cmax, alarm went off in the middle of night and car was dead this morning, got battery charged and now windows, mirrors and doors on passenger side are dead and can't be unlocked, checked all fuses in boot. Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, did you find a fix for this? I have 2011 grand cmax, alarm went off in the middle of night and car was dead this morning, got battery charged and now windows, mirrors and doors on passenger side are dead and can't be unlocked, checked all fuses in boot. Any suggestions would be appreciated
yours sounds like it needs a new battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
It turned out to be the front passenger door control module. For me it resulted in loss of both passenger side doors. Battery seems good despite being drained by the original fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh really? Could be something I need to look at, my issue is driver side, slightly different issues possibly. Did you fix yourself? Was it a cheap fix?
I didn't do it myself but wish I'd persisted and I'd have probably got there. I'd already checked the rear door control module but then gave up and took it to ford. The modules are accessed just by removing the door trims. It looks like (although I can't be sure) they perhaps accessed the good driver's door module to try in the passenger door to confirm the fault before ordering a replacement. Door modules are around £30 on eBay. Cost me £380 at ford and in the process they scratched a load of trim and broke the bonnet release catch (exactly the reason I'm reluctant to use a garage unless I'm stuck or don't have the time). Any door problems in the future I'll be checking the door control modules myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts