Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just purchased a 2009 CMax and am wondering what the Shaped mouldings in floor are under back seats. are they for tools etc as not sure why they are there. Its a very straight car with original spare wheel, jack, brace etc. Even got the original first aid kit so not sure if anything goes in the shaped slots inder the back seats. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's just for general storage. I think they might also be used for the headrests when the seats are folded forwards

·
Registered
329 Posts
Do you mean under the seats or in the footwell in front of the rear seats. the ones in front are for storage but need filling I think if using isofix with the leg. I don't recall any slots under the seats.
The head rests don't need the void or didn't on mine anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all.
Thanks for the replies. I'm talking about actually under the rear seats not the general storage in the floor under the front seats. In mine when you fold the back seats forward then lift them up there is shaped moulded slots in the floor. They look like they take a wheel brace or other tools etc. All my jack, wheel brace and tools are under the spare wheel in the boot in the polystyrene moulding but I was just wondering why these cut outs. They are all carpeted and shaped in so they are meant to be there. I will get a couple of photos tomorrow. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
2,418 Posts
Unfortunately Ford was pipped at the post by Aston Martin.
The C-Max was actually a prototype designed by Q for the 00 Agents & as such had a rather interesting range of accessories, (some available on eBay), hence the storage & mouldings.
Rather than scrapping Ford put it into production & with the use of some clever marketing shifted millions of em!
If you look carefully on the VIN plate you can still see the 00 designation which technically is a licence to kill.
So far I’ve racked up quite the number of cyclists, gobby youths & a Traffic Warden, (though I did have to mount the pavement that time)!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love it. Now that's the sort of honest industry backed answer that I was hoping for, lol.
You sir should accompany me and some other like minded individuals and have a day in parliament. That's all it will take us to sort that lot all out.
Was actually beginning to think they was some added extras for Ann Summers Appliances.
Cheers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Perhaps they are for tool storage if you selected as the new purchaser to have a can of goo to repair the puncture and have no spare wheel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 2008 1.6 TDCi Zetec originally came with the can of goo and no spare wheel. It didn't have the can or most of the tools but it did have the large polystyrene block that fills the spare wheel well and holds the tools.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts